“Putting the “Oi in VoIP”
What are VoIP Telephone Systems?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol
What is VoIP Telephony?
VoIP or IP Telephony is simply a way of making and receiving calls over a data connection, rather than traditional analogue services.
Why do Businesses choose to use VoIP Telephony?
Customers use VoIP Telephone Systems for different reasons.
The most common are:
- Reduced cost of ownership
- Increased functionality
- Reduced potential for fraud
- Fast Implementation
- Rolling monthly contracts
- Ability to keep telephone numbers regardless of location
- Easy expansion of business (including remote workers)
- Great system resilience and reliability
Even though IP Telephony and VoIP are terms that are used interchangeably, they are two different parts of your Telephone System.
IP Telephony has to do with digital telephony systems that use IP protocols for voice communication. VoIP is a technology used by IP Telephony as a means of transporting your phone calls.
We already take VOIP for granted as it is standard on smartphones and most internet devices so users can call, Skype or send SMS text messages over 3G or Wi-Fi.
VoIP can be a benefit to businesses in reducing communication and infrastructure costs.
- Routing your phone calls over your existing data network to avoid the need for separate voice and data networks.
- The ability to transmit more than one telephone call over a single broadband connection.
- Secure calls using standardized protocols (such as Secure Real-time Transport Protocol). Most of the difficulties of creating a secure telephone connection over traditional phone lines, such as digitising and digital transmission, are already in place with VoIP. It is only necessary to encrypt and authenticate the existing data stream.
What is SIP?
SIP or Session Initiation Protocol is signalling protocol used for VoIP services.
Hosted PBX or SIP Trunk?
If you don’t already have an IP-PBX, you require the Hosting PBX, if you have an IP-PBX, you’ll probably be able to use a SIP Trunk, depending on the age and model of your PBX.
The VoIP Solutions for business are vast and range from having a local land line presence which routes through to your mobile device through to a full blown system
What are the advantages over ISDN?
Businesses have many reasons to use VoIP because of its flexibility and advantages to regular ISDN
Here at Oi! Business Telecoms, we offer a wide range of VoIP Phone Systems to a wide range of Business:
- Start-Up Business
- Sole Traders
- Small Business
If you are looking for a cost effective VoIP solution for your business, give Oi! a shout today and we will help find you the right solution for your growing business.